Alphabetical by last name.
- BA, Social Sciences, International Christian University/Tokyo, 1974.
- MA, Religious Studies, UC Santa Barbara, 1977.
- PhD, Religious Studies, UC Santa Barbara, 1983.
- Areas of Study at UCSB: Religious Anthropology, Philosophy of Religion, History and Philosophy of Buddhism, Christian Medieval Thinkers, Mysticism, Philosophy of Language, Upanishads, Indian Religious Traditions.
- Title of Doctoral Dissertation: “Persona originalis: ‘Jinkaku’ and ‘Personne’ according to the Philosophies of Nishida Kitarō and Jacques Maritain.”
- Current Employment: Professor of Japanese and East Asian Studies, Department of Modern & Classical Languages and Center for East Asian Studies, Western Washington University.