Racha El Omari is Associate Professor of Religious Studies at UC Santa Barbara.
- The Theology of Abū l-Qāsim al-Balkhī/ al-Kaʿbī (d. 319/931). Leiden: Brill, 2016.
- ‟Accommodation and Resistance: Classical Mu‘tazilites on Ḥadīth.” Journal of Near Eastern Studies 72 (2012): 231–256.
Chapters in Peer-Edited Volumes
- “Abu l-Qāsim al-Ka‘bī/al-Balkhī’s Doctrine of the Imāma.” In A Common Rationality: Muʽtazilism in Islam and Judaism. Proceedings of the First Conference of the Muʽtazilite Manuscripts Group, edited by Camilla Adang, David Sklare, and Sabine Schmidtke, 39–57. Würzburg: Ergon, 2007.
- “Ibn Taymiyya’s Theology of the Sunna through His Polemics with the Ash‘arites.” In Ibn Taymiyya and His Times, Proceedings of a Conference Held at Princeton University, 8–10 April 2005, edited by Shahab Ahmad and Yossef Rapoport, 101–119. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- “Kitāb al-Ḥayda: The Historical Significance of an Apocryphal Text.” In Islamic Philosophy, Science, Culture and Religion: Studies in Honor of Dimitri Gutas, edited by Felicitas Opwis and David C. Reisman, 419–451. Leiden: Brill, 2012.
- “Muʿtazilite Movement: Origins.” In The Oxford Handbook of Islamic Theology, edited by Sabine Schmidtke. New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- “Hishām al-Fuwaṭī.” Encyclopaedia of Islam, third edition. Leiden: Brill, 2016.
- ‟Theology.” In The Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought, edited by Gerhard Böwering et al. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2012.
- “Beatific Vision.” In The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World, edited by John L. Esposito, vol. 1: 331–332. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- RS 10D,E,F: Second Year Arabic
- RS 148A: Advanced Arabic
- RS 119F: History of Islamic Theology
- RS 149D: Islamic Humanism
- RS 84: Introduction to Islamic Civilization
- RS 288: Classical Arabic Texts