View the 2015-16 Graduate Student Guidelines below:
This spring quarter, Religious Studies is offering five “Topics in Religious Studies”. Below are the course numbers and titles with downloadable course flyers:
- RGST 190JA/FEMST 185EG – Politics of Veiling in Modern Egypt (pdf)
- RGST 190VM – Gods, Minds & Bodies (pdf)
- RGST 190NF – World Making: Religious, Fictional and Virtual (pdf)
- RGST 190JD – Jewish Dream Interpretation from the Bible to Freud (pdf)
- RGST 190IE – Vocabularies of Islamic Ethics (pdf)
- RGST 190TC – God, Death, Love: On Seeing and Believing in Mystical Theology and Continental Philosophy (pdf) *(posted 3/10/2015)
Wade Clark Roof, Director of Capps Center, hosted Sandra Day O’Connor’s appearance at UCSB on May 10, 2014. Moderating a question-and-answer conversation that followed the retired Associate Justice’s speech, Roof commended her commitment to improving civics education in the digital age. More details are in the story.
A professionalization workshop organized by the Religious Students graduate students is scheduled to begin the 50th Anniversary events on All Gaucho Reunion weekend. Join us on Friday, April 25, from 2 to 4 pm in HSSB 4080, for the workshop. Presenters include Shawn Landres, Mike Burdick, Michelle Zimney, Mehnaz Sahibzada and David Machacek.